Heartache quotes

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strog enough to let go. -Author unknown

Friday, April 9, 2010

Fake creme brulee!

Haha! Now we talking! The fattenning stuff!

But watch out! I did say "Fake" because I'm not a chef so I don't think I would know how to make a proper one.
So what we are going to make today is called a FLAN in french (did I mention that it's my first language?)
A flan is a lot like a creme brulee but waaay simpler to make! Same colour, smell but diffferent texture. A Flan is...wobllier...jelly like but CREAMY!

Here it goes!
Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 litre of milk (full cream excuse moi!)
  • 150g of sugar
  • 90g of cornstarch (maizena?)
  • 1 vanilla bean

Making it

Boil the milk with the vanilla bean split lenghtwise

Meanwhile mix the cornstarch with the sugar and well beaten eggs(just think of him). Mix everything until perfectly homogeneous. Then pour the milk(without the vanilla bean!)
Keep the mix at low heat while stirring constantly for about 2 minutes
Take out a baking tray butter it lightly, pour the mix and let it bake in the oven for 30 to 40mn
Thermostat 6\7

You know it's ready when:
  • Your whole house/flat smells like a tropical island
  • Just stick a knife in it,if it comes out dry it's ready if not let it bake a little while longer

You can eat it hot or cold wit cream or ice cream,maple syrup is my favourite!

Great stuff!! I see you soon! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment